Happy Holidays! One of the main reasons why I love this time of year so much is because of all the fun baking I get to do. Here are my favorite holiday recipes I want to share with you all!
Christmas Morning Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup 2% milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup! (Makes 8 pancakes).
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
8 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
25 peppermint candies, crushed
2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch pan, line with waxed paper and set it aside.
- Place the semisweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared pan and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the crushed peppermints over the chocolate layer. Refrigerate until completely hardened (about 1 hour).
- Place the white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pour the white chocolate directly over the semisweet chocolate layer; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy over the top. Refrigerate until completely hardened. Remove from pan; break into small pieces to serve.